Heaven! I L.O.V.E. love raw cacao, full of anti-oxidants and tastes divine, what’s not to love? Last year I made this Cranberry Cacao Coconut Creation and this Cacao Coconut Pie, delicious even if I do say so myself! Today I thought I’d make something similar but turn it into a slice…here’s what I came up with from what I had in my pantry.
- 1/2 cup apricots
- 1/2 cup dates
- warm water
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Chop dates and apricots finely and soak in a small bowl with just enough warm water to cover.
- Place walnuts, shredded coconut and cacao into blender and process until finely ground.
- Add the soaked dates and apricots, including liquid, to the blender along with the coconut oil and process until a sticky semi-firm mixture forms.
- Spoon mixture into a baking tray….ooops, as you can see from above the tray I chose was a little to big, perhaps a smaller brownie tray or square cake tin would be ok.
- Sprinkle some shredded coconut on top and press into tray with the back of your spoon. Place in fridge or freezer for about an hour.
- Slice and Serve!
Also makes a lovely gift to take to your next dinner party ❤
Enjoy lovelies and if you have a healthy recipe you’d like to share please don’t be shy…head to the comments below or share it on Facebook.