Welcome everyone to Dee’s Delights, my weekly post where I share the inspiring, enriching and delightful things from the past week. This is actually last weeks post that I am just finishing off. Why? because I came down with a very bad virus which well and truly stopped me in my tracks for a week. The pause button has been on and it was only yesterday that I even remotely felt like turning my laptop on…not like me at all!!!
Anyway, back to last weeks post full of fun and brimming with things to be happy about. I’ve added a couple of things from my sick bed too…I can usually manage to find a positive from a negative, a lesson to be learned, a warning to take note of…you get the picture.
So, without further ado, here’s my LOVE list from the last two weeks…
- Lots of work – mobile massage and spa treatments from Oak Beach to Port Douglas.
- Gorgeous sun-filled warm days.
- A mani and pedi – Zoya of course, in this delightfully strong purply pink called Audrina.
How delightful to have nice hands for a few days before getting back to painting on the weekend!
- A hugely long day in Cairns. 12 hours from departure to return, that included work and play – yay! A quick lunch with friends, a much needed brand new bed, maa organics printing needs met, gourmet food and wine shopping for Christmas, festive candles, coloured summer singlets, a bit of window shopping and coffee before the long drive home!
- Peppermint essential oil for clearing the mind, warding off headaches and refreshing the spirit!
- Deliciously fresh juice ingredients…
- A new pen and notebook for the final month of the year…and starting to think about my intentions and visions for 2013 brought me to re-read this.
- wrapping and sending my niece and nephews Christmas pressies off.
- A daily meditation as I promised myself here. Well, it did stop when I got sick but I’m back to it now!
- Realising the importance for rest and regular breaks. It took getting very sick to make me stop…not a good place to be but a sign, a big flashing light actually, no subtlety!, for me to sit up, take notice and make some changes NOW!!! More on that later.
- Essential oils to inhale for my health and emotional well-being. To boost my immune system, scare away the germs and uplift my weary spirits. I couldn’t live without my essential oils!
- After watching this Marie Forleo video I think I need to cut down on my mashed potato, lol, you’ll know what I mean when you watch it!
and other decadent delights… hibiscus tea ~ a 27-inch iMac for some special person (hint: not me!) ~ Spa Australasia magazine ~ stuffed green olives ~ tweeting ~ organic coconut milk ~ fresh juice ~ berries ~ snuggling with pussycats ~ lemon and honey ~ and my iPad.
Clicketty Click….a couple of new things from the online world that have brought me joy and inspiration in the last week.
Raw and Pure ~ A great place to discover new natural organic products. In Danielle’s words “My passions are all things truly natural and organic…Join me on my journey in discovering what is really behind those labels and packaging and how to incorporate all things natural and organic into your life”.
Your Zen Life ~ Another great little space dedicated to the sharing of health and wellness information. I can see myself spending hours here when I get a bit more time.
and before I go some some sparkle and shine from Pinterest …
Until next week…let yourself be inspired, enriched & delighted by life. In the meantime, I’d love to hear what’s on your Love List this week…share in the comments below if you so desire!