image from here
Having regular professional facials, especially those that use natural organic ingredients and products, brings with it many benefits. Firstly lets find out what a facial is and what to expect when you have one.
What is a facial?
A facial is a specific treatment for your face, neck and décolletage area and often includes a hand and/or foot massage and scalp massage and/or hair treatment.
Most professional facials are available as 30 minute and 60 minute treatments (often other options are available too) and will be tailored to skin type and your current skin conditions and concerns. Keep in mind that your skin changes so it should be assessed each time you have a facial.
When you arrive for your first treatment, you will be asked to fill in a consultation form that will help your therapist determine what the best options are for you. Your therapist will talk to you about this before beginning the treatment. They will keep a record of your treatment and when you return they will update any changes to your details as required and continue to keep a record of each treatment including your current skin condition, products used in your treatment and any home treatments, products and lifestyle advice recommended to optimise your skin and keep it healthy. As I mentioned, your skin changes and as it does it may require different products and treatments. Your therapist will be able to advise you as to what is best for your current skin condition.
Now, back to all those wonderful benefits you will experience from your facial treatment. Here’s my top 11, just because I never seem to be able to stick to a round number!
- Deep cleansing and detoxing – the release and removal of toxins will greatly benefit the condition of your skin.
- Increased hydration – smoother, healthier looking skin.
- Nourishing – using organic products will feed the skin with rich nourishing natural ingredients. You skin will gain a healthy glow.
- Rejuvenating – skin will look and feel better. Tired dull skin will look radiant.
- Anti-ageing – collagen production and cell regeneration is increased.
- Soothing – reduction of irritations and inflammation.
- Clears acne and spots – skin becomes clearer and heals faster.
- Increased circulation – means more oxygen and nutrients, better and quicker healing, less blotchiness, reduced dark circles around the eye area and a younger, healthier glow.
- Reduces congestion – puffiness and congestion. Will also assist with sinus congestion.
- A natural lift – releases tension, relaxes muscles, giving a natural lift to your skin.
- Deep relaxation – a facial treatment is one of the most relaxing things you can do for yourself. It helps create an overall sense of calm. This means less stress which leads to better skin and better all round health.
Combine regular facials with a healthy diet and exercise and in no time you’ll be looking and feeling fantastic!
In upcoming posts I’ll be talking more about the skin and how to best look after it. Different skin types and conditions, how to give yourself a facial at home, natural skincare ingredients and much more. If there is something specific you would like to know about please drop me a line or let me know in the comments section below.
And if you’re interested in finding out more about my organic skincare range click here or email me at email@example.com