A few new things have made their way into my kitchen lately….healthy, anti-oxidant drenched super-foods that are chock full of goodness. I’m loving feeding my body with these delights from nature and experimenting with new recipes.
Yesterday I was on dessert duty for a dinner party, what a great excuse to try out this beautiful recipe from The Path To Wellness.
Here it is with a couple of little changes…
For the base, place these ingredients in your blender…
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup dates (fresh if possible)
- 14 cup desiccated or shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
Blend until ingredients are combined and press into your pie plate (or cake tin).
For the filling, place these ingredients in your blender…
- 1 cup raw cacao
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup dates (fresh if possible)
- 1/4 cup dried apricots
- 1/4 cup desiccated or shredded coconut
- 1 tsp organic honey (opt, I only added as I thought it might not be sweet enough for everyone)
Blend until smooth, spoon onto base and spread evenly and smoothly. Sprinkle some coconut over the top and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Serve with berries or any fruit you love!
PS you might also like this Cranberry Cacao Coconut Creation ♡