The Friday night before last I was lucky enough to attend the Bloom Women’s Health and Wellbeing Expo in Cairns where, along with many great exhibitors, guest speakers Kim Morrison from Like Chocolate For Women and Jessica Ainscough from The Wellness Warrior shared their stories, self-care and well-being tips.
I left feeling very inspired and ready to continue my wellbeing journey with energy and love so I thought I’d share some of it with you.
From Kim Morrison ~ 5 Daily Self-CareTips
- Movement ~ in short get up and get moving! do something you enjoy!
- The Inside Story ~ what you put into your body shows on the outside and effects how you feel. Eat and drink well to provide the environment for your body to thrive!
- The Outside Story ~ What you put onto your body is absorbed and effects how you feel. Use chemical free, organic face and body products that won’t harm your body.
- Create rituals for yourself to make the everyday tasks special. I think this is a fantastic idea and have talked about it in the past here.
- Daily Body Boost ~ a lovely idea of self-nurturing. Something any aromatherapist out there is probably already doing, but if you’re not click here to see how Kim does it.
From Jessica Ainscough ~ 3 Tips to Transform your Life
- Replace the old with the new ~ let go of the harmful foods and replace them with nutritious tasty goodness.
- Self -love or self-loathing not willpower. You don’t need willpower just self-love. If you eat, think and act from a place of self-love you will ultimately do what is best for you.
- Ask yourself what isn’t working and do the exact opposite. Listen to your body’s whispers before they become yells! Be truthful with yourself. Be kind to yourself…sleep well, eat well, exercise, reduce your stress and this will all help you create an inspired vision for your future.
This all makes total sense right? Some of you out there may be saying “it’s easier said than done” and yes that may be true. But you don’t have to do everything at once on your journey to health and happiness.
Lately I’ve become more and more aware of how I feel and how I want to feel and where I want to be in my life. On pretty much every level there are changes a-comin’! And I’ve been thinking about the steps I can take to get to where I want to be. It has becoming glaringly obvious that it can’t all be done at once and it is constantly changing! I can hear my husband chuckling at that as I always think I can do it all now and am not very patient, especially once I make a decision to do something! Anyway, what I’m saying is that baby-steps are ok. Start doing what you can and gradually incorporate the things you want into your life and do it from a place of self-love and you can’t go wrong. It will all start to fall into place. Self-love can be a hard thing, I struggle with it…but as Jess said “Your relationship with yourself is the longest one you will ever have so don’t fight with yourself – no-one wins”. Just try to be nice to yourself and accept kindness from others.
Here’s a little daily affirmation to get you started…