The last couple of weeks I’ve been thinking a lot about health, happiness and lifestyle. About how we look after ourselves, the importance we place on it and how easy it is to let our self-care routine slip into the background in favour of all the other things we “should” be doing.
I’m the first one to tell friends, family and clients how important it is to look after themselves, but at times I’m also very good at not taking my own advice!!! Are you reading this and nodding your head in agreement. Lately, I’ve let lots of “me” things slip but this week I’ve chosen to remedy that and you can too.
Sometimes when you don’t look after ourself and you become tired and worn out it’s hard to take that first step to reclaiming your wellbeing but you can and must do it and when you do I guarantee you will start to feel great! Sparks of inspiration, energy and excitement will ignite your soul and you’ll be asking yourself why you didn’t do it sooner.
So, start making some time for YOU! And all those things you should be doing won’t seem so overwhelming…and guess what?, they will still get done!
Here’s 6 self-care things I’ve done to re-claim my wellbeing…
1. I’ve started meditating more often, even if it’s only 5 minutes a day, to help calm and centre my mind and body.
2. I bought a cold press juicer. It should arrive in this week, I can’t wait to start juicing again!
3. I made this beautiful self-care essential oil blend and have been using it in a carrier oil of camellia each day to nourish my skin and create a feeling of deep calm.
4. I took a “real” day off ~ no work…it really is possible, difficult, but definitely possible!
5. I started eating better. Lots more fruit and veggies, cooking with organic coconut oil, healthy nut and seed snacks high in omega 3 and protein, green tea and herbal infusions high in anti-oxidants.
and inspired by this quote
“I can’t afford it is one of the most dangerous and disempowering things you can ever say. Why? Because it’s simply NOT TRUE! And, if you say it enough times, this toxic idea becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy that runs your life” – Marie Forleo.
6. I’m changing the way I think and speak ~ the way we think about things and how we express it makes a huge difference to how we feel. I’ve started replacing “I can’t …” with “I choose to/not to……” Try it yourself and see how much better you feel. Everything is a choice, so choose positivity, happiness and well-being now!
These are just some of my self-care tips, I’d love to hear what you do to look after yourself…leave a comment below and tell me what makes you feel healthy and happy.