I think I made the best batch of brownies ever yesterday…even if I do say so myself!
I can’t remember where I found this recipe, I’ve been making it for years and may have tweaked it over time, as I tend to do with recipes. My hand written, chocolate stained version has now been entered into my iPad for safe keeping…
Anyway I thought I’d share the deliciousness with you…
- Grease a 19cm square cake tin. I always butter and flour my tin.
- Melt chocolate and butter over a low heat in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of water.
- Remove from heat. Add sugar, then eggs and vanilla, then flour and pecans (or californian walnuts or hazelnuts or whatever nut you like!)
- Pour into cake tin.
- Bake in moderate oven for 20 – 30mins (until skewer comes out clean).
- Cool in tin.
- Remove and ice with this decadent frosting…Melt 100g dark chocolate over a low heat in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of water and add 1/4 cup sour cream until smooth and glossy.
- Serve with ice cream and/or cream and garnish with love ♡ and a few of your favourite berries!
Until next time…let yourself be inspired by life’s delicious delights.