Welcome to the 21st edition of Dee’s Delights. A mish-mash of the last week’s inspiring, enriching and delightful things I’ve been lucky enough to experience.
Here’s some of the wonderful things this busy and beautiful week brought me…
Work, if you can call it that!
- A vibrantly varied week at work ~ massages, pedicures, spray tans, facials, spa packages. Wow ~ I love what I do!
- A celebration dinner at Zinc ~ read this post to find out more.
- Thai take away and ice cream ~ yum yum yum!!! You can’t beat Red Duck Curry!
- A new recipe ~ I made this chicken pie for the first time and it was dee-lish!
- A cold Winter in the tropics ~yes, cold enough to wear my new wool Cue dress and these Jo Mercer boots!
- Birthday books from Andrew – how lucky am I to have a husband who always, without fail, chooses the best pressies?!!! Check out these two books
Simply Elegant Flowers by Michael George. So stunning to look at as well as offering instructions on how to create these beautiful flower arrangements. What’s not to love?
The Three Incestuous Sisters by Audrey Niffenegger. A “novel in pictures”, the amazing illustrations are aqua-tint etchings done by the author. Mesmerising…
- See above! and…
- Much needed neck rubs from Andrew involving lots of essential oils including a divine blend of roman chamomile, lime, mandarin and lavender.
- Being spoilt by friends and family ~ you know who you are…a big thank you hug to each of you.
and other delights…
A much needed Sunday sleep-in….aaaaahhhh! ~ more house painting ~ late night blog writing ~ late night reading in bed ~ finding new books to buy online ~ dreaming of Barbarella & Swan dresses ~ left over chicken pie ~ lovely emails ~ photography and pussycats ♡
Clicketty Click….a few things from the online world that have brought me joy and inspiration in the last week.
Book Depository…not a new find but a much clicked on one this week! I love finding new and interesting books to add to my overflowing shelves 🙂
Sweet Little Thang…all about baking and creating amazing desserts and gifts! yum yum!
And from my Inspiring Words Pinterest board this little reminder…
originally from here
Until next week…let yourself be inspired, enriched & delighted by life and if you feel like sharing the bliss please leave a comment below. I’d love to hear what has brought joy to your life lately.