That’s not a suggestion, it’s an order, a necessity, a must do! “Embrace winter” ~ I never thought I’d say it to myself but if I don’t embrace this season I
might will get my usual case of the winter blues and I don’t really want to go there!
Last winter I shared some warming essential oils that I turned to for comfort and warmth. Today, in the spirit of happiness and positivity, I’m going to share some of the things that I love about winter…
- pure wool coats and high heeled boots.
- healthy hot homemade soups.
- warming essential oils like ginger, cinnamon, clove, cardamom…
- sitting in a sheltered warm sunny spot with my pussycats 🙂
- warm blankets, open fires and snuggling.
- red wine, red wine, red wine!
- the soft winter light captured on my camera.
- scarves, gloves and hats.
- afternoon chai tea.
oh how I love all of these things…I’ve surprised myself, maybe I can embrace winter after all! I really am lucky I live in the tropical tablelands. It’s not as warm as down on the coast, it can get very cold at night but most of days are sun-filled and sublime!
This was today in Port Douglas…does it get any better?
Oh, there is one more thing that I love about Winter…
- that I have summer to look forward to 🙂
I’m sure there’s a blog post in that ~ “Why I love Summer”…you’ll have to wait until later in the year for me to write it! In the meantime I’d love to hear your thoughts on Winter so leave a comment below if you so desire.