This post is inspired by Miss Apis Mellifera’s blog post from last week where she shared her fresh pink lemonade recipe. It sounded and looked absolutely divine and sparked a few ideas…so I’ve adapted the recipe with a tropical twist. Here it is…
- 1/4 cup hibiscus and rose herbal tea ~ I used this one from The Tea Chest.
- 2 cups of water, boiled.
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lime juice (mine were locally grown in Mareeba) ~ approx 8 lge limes.
- 1/2 cup organic raw sugar.
- 2 cups cold water ~ I used pure rain water! or you can use purified/filtered water.
- Pour ‘just off the boil’ water over the hibiscus and rose petals and leave to infuse for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Squeeze limes ~ I did mine by hand and added the pulp to the juice.
- Strain hibiscus and rose infusion into a pot. Add lime and raw sugar and stir over a very low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cold water and stir.
- Pour into a glass bottle or jug and chill in the refrigerator for 1/2 – 1hour.
- Serve over crushed ice in a tall glass , garnish with a slice of lime, relax and enjoy!
Yes, it is as delicious as it sounds…I’m calling it Ruby Lime Crush and filing it in my ‘entertaining friends’ bag of tricks!
…what’s that I hear you say…a dash of vodka….yes, that would be lovely for cocktail hour!
What lovely concoctions are you experimenting with at the moment? I’d love to hear about it…leave a comment below if you so desire.
Until next time..let yourself be inspired, enriched & delighted by life.