It’s the end of the week and you feel exhausted…does this sound familiar? Do you often feel tired and low on energy? Don’t worry you’re not alone! The good news is that there are natural ways for you to improve your energy and vitality NOW!
Rest is very important. If you are feeling tired your body is probably telling you to rest. Take some time out to nurture yourself and get some early nights. When you allow your body and mind to regenerate you will feel more positive, energetic and able to live in the moment.
Other things you can incorporate into your life to improve your energy and vitality are:
- Using essential oils.
- Massage and spa treatments
- Regular exercise and a balanced diet.
- Doing things that you are passionate about. When we are doing what we love we feel energised!
Nurturing yourself is one of the greatest and most important gifts you can give yourself.
Having regular massage or spa treatments is very nurturing and can significantly improve your overall well-being. Your local aromatherapist, spa or massage studio will have a range of treatments on offer. After taking a client history, your therapist will be able to advise you on a treatment plan that is best for you. Treatments available include invigorating body scrubs, detoxing body masques, natural aromatherapy facials, massage, stone therapy and more.
You can also nurture yourself in your own home. Treatments you can do at home to improve your vitality include:
- Using essential oils in an oil burner or the bath.
- Using energising massage oils and body scrubs.
- Taking a face and body mist to work to invigorate you during the day.
- At the end of the day immersing your tired feet in a foot bowl with essential oils.
- Having a thermal therapy shower in the morning – simply have your shower as normal, then turn the hot water off for 4-5 seconds (you may need to experiment with timing) and then back on, repeat 3 – 5 times. You will feel the cold water run over your body followed by warm again. Finish off with warm water. This is great for your circulation and is very energising!
As I mentioned, essential oils are a fantastic way to help restore your energy and vitality. Some of my favourites are basil, lemon, lime, grapefruit, cypress, juniper, peppermint, lemon myrtle and ginger. Use them alone or blend a few together to create a fragrance that you love! Here are some of my favourite combinations you might like to try:
- Ginger and lime
- Basil and lime
- Lemon, lime and grapefruit
- Cypress, juniper and grapefruit
- Lemon and peppermint
- Lemon Myrtle & Ginger
Why not start incorporating some of these nurturing treatments into your life NOW…you’ll love feeling more energetic and alive!!
Be Happy and Healthy! Dee
all photos are © Deanne Kalda